Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
The Area Manager drives Instacart's success alongside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of Shoppers and Shift Leads to create and maintain the Instacart experience for our customers. You are the face of Instacart to the local retailers in your market!
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Lead and manage a team of Site Managers and Shift Leads who oversee a group of Personal Shoppers to ensure flawless service delivery to our customers daily
- Own efficiency and quality metrics
- Help to drive regional growth through launching new coverage areas and shopper acquisition
- Develop and manage retail partner relationships at the local and regional level
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Initiate and lead processes to ensure qualified applicants join our Personal Shopper team
- Support local Operations Managers and regional General Managers on special projects for continued operating efficiency and growth
- Maintain a high Emotional IQ and ability to work with, coach, and manage a diverse workforce
- Provide an operational perspective to teams at HQ including Logistics and Community Operations to ensure best practices and protocols.
- Spend up to 50% of time in the field (at retail locations)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-7 years of experience in retail or supply chain operations, finance, management consulting, or data-driven project management
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Familiarity with tools of the trade (eg. Excel, Google Drive), SQL is preferred but not required; Comfort in analytical problem-solving
- Top-notch organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated success leading teams
- Strong critical thinking ability in technical & non-technical issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.