Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Critical Response Investigation Analyst will report into the Trust and Safety organization. The Trust and Safety team mission is to ensure ongoing stability of the Instacart Platform for shoppers, customers, & retailers through scalable solutions. As the Critical Response Investigation Analyst, you will ensure positive resolutions and experiences on escalated issues across throughout the community. You will serve as the lead point of contact for reviewing, processing, and resolving delicate issues. You will be responsible for helping the users of Instacart's platform have a positive and safe experience.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Develop deep expertise on the Instacart platform experience for both shoppers & customers, particularly as it relates to trust & safety risks.
- Investigate incidents involving trust & safety concerns including issues related to property damage.
- Verify facts through thorough investigation involving all parties related to the incident; reach policy-based determinations for effective resolution
- Handle Instacart community member behavior issues effectively as it pertains to their accounts and/or tasks
- Total ownership of the end to end resolution process including initial communication with impacted parties and comprehensive investigation documentation through written reports
- Compile, maintain, and report on various cases
- Maintain a strong SLA with a quality output in escalated issue handling as required, leverage problem solving skills to come to timely resolutions.
- Communicate professionally to customers & shoppers through both phone and email
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in any of the following: corporate investigations, dispute mitigation, emergency response management, e-commerce customer service experience (focus in Trust & Safety or at an on-demand company is a plus!), or law enforcement
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to execute against processes and policies in a timely fashion with strong attention to detail
- Calm and empathetic - you are able to adapt to unique issues by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Champion the attitude of “Do the right thing” in all circumstances
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Passion for improving the Instacart user experience with a focus on trust & safety
- Open to supporting flex-schedule coverage to ensure timely responses to incidents
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.