Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We are seeking an Associate level member to join our Trust and Safety Team and focus primarily on food safety & recalls. In addition, you’ll be exposed to and work closely on other areas of compliance (background checks, ID verification, alcohol and Rx deliveries). You will be responsible for defining, documenting, executing and optimizing day to day processes intended to tackle these opportunities in an effort to maintain a safe and stable platform that creates a positive experience for all users. Each day you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions- acting quickly while always maintaining strong attention to detail. It’s important to appreciate that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment which requires always having an eye towards improvement.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in food safety recalls/ compliance and other key indicators that may result in potential vulnerability/risk on the Instacart platform
- Support day-to-day processes, including but not limited to reviewing queued results in multiple high-volume queues that prevent potential risks
- Identify and investigate complex situations and potential risk issues
- Create & maintain detailed documentation of standard operational procedures; constantly iterating to ensure best practices are captured
- Optimize supporting processes through multiple iterations, standardizing to the point of
- Analyze problems logically with a focus on attention to detail and confidentiality
- Effectively communicate to others new trends and unusual cases, helping size business impact
- Drive projects or initiatives in partnership with your manager and other cross-functional stakeholders to ensure a high level of compliance while developing and enhancing internal policies & tools.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing an investigation
- Ability to multi-task with positive attitude and fortitude to organize and work with rapidly changing priorities – you will be responsible for reviewing queued results in multiple high volume queues that help mitigate any risks we encounter.
- Organized execution-oriented operator with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Strong communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Proficiency in Excel fundamentals (basic knowledge of SQL is a plus) and ability to analyze data from patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Candidates with 1-3 years working in fast-paced startup environment. Prior experience in payments, risk or trust & safety is a plus!
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and on-demand environments
- Excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.