Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Site Managers have one of the most direct impacts on our customer experience. Site Managers own multiple stores in a particular geography and are responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and performance management of all the shoppers in those stores. They are the true gatekeepers of the people that directly serve our customers. A Site Manager has to vet and approve any in-store shopper before they can ever serve a customer.
As owners of multiple stores, Site Managers also play a critical role in providing guidance and support to our in-store Shift Leads. They are experts in our in-store operations and shopper performance, constantly learning and sharing best practices and honestly calling out when we fall short. Additionally Site Managers may be called upon to assist on special projects such as new store launch initiatives or new geography launches. Site Managers are both true members of the corporate team while also maintaining day to day interaction with our incredible group of shoppers.
Site Managers report up to Area Managers or Operations Managers.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent talent evaluation skills to vet and select the next generation of Instacart shoppers
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep and trusting relationships
- Proven ability as a teacher and coach to develop great shoppers
- Willingness to engage in difficult or sensitive conversations with employees
- Creative problem solving skills and comfort operating in high-stress unpredictable environment
- Ability to prioritize time and operate autonomously and without on-site supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication to share the highest priority items with your manager
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and a a desire to continuously get better
- Computer literacy and tech savviness; ability to learn and deploy new technical tools
- Flexibility to work in different stores and different environments when needed
- Relentless hustle and willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Previous management experience and 3+ years of customer service or retail experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.