Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
In this role, you will support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. You should possess superior analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to key stakeholders. You’ll work closely with leadership to help create manage dashboards and provide the ad hoc and KPI reporting that drives critical decision-making and propels organizational success.
Your day to day…
- Own daily and weekly analysis on workflows, projects, and experiments to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience
- Create, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Develop scalable, automated dashboards to provide benchmarking and progress against key performance goals and initiatives; understand root causes of what impacts attainment of those objectives
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis to ensure our operations engine running at full speed
- Dig into the details behind how metrics are calculated, and ensure that the source data matches the needs of the business
- Provide analytical insights into current state of the business that can be leveraged for growth opportunities and operational efficiency gains
- Develop models on large datasets to extract trends, measure results and outcomes, and to predict future performance
- Advanced SQL Skills - able to write complex and performant queries to extract data from our Snowflake cluster
- Proficient with Tableau or other analytical visualization tools
- 2 - 4 years of experience in data analysis, data science, business intelligence, or similar roles
- Data-driven individual with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving, data manipulation and management skills
- Creative, intellectually curious, and able to effectively collaborate cross-functionally, partnering with stakeholders to drive business performance
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to turn data into a story for our business partners
- Excited about analyzing big data
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field, or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Experience in ETL and data pipeline development
- Ability to mentor junior Analysts on the team
- Advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Instacart’s Community Operations team provides high quality phone, chat, and email support to both our customer and shopper communities. Community Operations has launched its Customer Experience Center in Atlanta. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will help drive operational improvements to the global Instacart support network.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.