Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As Instacart’s Public Policy Manager, you’ll work cross-functionally with Instacart’s legal, communications, and finance teams to execute our federal, state and local policy efforts. You will play a key supporting role driving Instacart’s public policy objectives.
Your day to day…
- Develop and implement Instacart’s legislative and public policy priorities and positions
- Craft public policy campaigns around Instacart’s value proposition that appeal to elected officials, staff, and regulators
- Work directly with policymakers, advising them on language for legislation and drafting comments on proposed regulations and rules
- Maintain relationships with a network of contacts in local and regional legislative, executive and administrative offices
- Represent Instacart in diverse coalitions of third-party trade associations.
- Advocate within the third-party and trade association memberships Instacart policy perspective, build consensus with other member companies, and help support third party letters of support/opposition to policy objectives
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges
- Track bills and legislation for markets
- Manage external consultants to help execute strategies
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- BS or BA from accredited university required
- At least 4-6 years experience working on policy issues in a relevant business, organization, or government
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a policy campaign in a quickly evolving industry
- Experience working across internal and external teams to deliver positive shift in public perception
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues. Familiarity with policy related to the future of work, privacy, food and alcohol, and sales tax.
- Some experience drafting legislative proposals, policy principles, and legal opinions.
- Self-starter with a sense of humor, self awareness, and and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.