Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As Instacart’s first Community Affairs Manager, you’ll support and promote Instacart’s state and local policy initiatives across the nation. You will help lead Instacart’s public outreach in local communities across the country and build strong relationships with the Instacart shopper community, local non-profits, and a wide range of community organizations.
You will need to be proactive and engaged, a strong communicator, and excited about technology and e-commerce. You will bring both empathy and deep strategic thinking to the task of executing Instacart’s community affairs strategy.
Every day we solve incredibly hard problems to create a world-class experience for our customers. Join us!
Your day to day…
- Work closely with public policy and legal teams to develop a nationwide community engagement strategy that will support Instacart’s legislative initiatives at the local, state, and federal level.
- Build strong relationships with a broad range of community stakeholders, including local non-profits, community organizations, Instacart shoppers, and trade association.
- Create scalable strategies for community affairs engagement across the country.
- Plan and staff policy events such as community meetings, outreach sessions, shopper appreciation events, legislative hearings, and events on behalf of Instacart.
- Plan and execute a nationwide playbook for engaging, educating, and mobilizing shopper community in support of Instacart’s policy priorities.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- BS or BA from accredited university required
- A minimum of 4-6+ years experience as a field director, event manager, or community organizer for leading political campaigns, advocacy organizations, or technology company
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing campaign volunteers and community advocates
- Familiarity engaging, coordinating, and managing external consultants
- Knowledge of best-in-class ground organizing tools, tactics, and strategies
- Event management and organization skills to conceptualize, operationalize, and produce events with autonomy and responsibility
- Passionate commitment to providing support to the nationwide shopper community and finding meaningful ways to build community with shoppers and local organizations
- Public speaking ability, sense of humor, and a can do attitude
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.