Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart’s Catalog contains more than 3 million distinct grocery products which can be found in stores across the United States and Canada. The Catalog’s data powers the rest of our business. Every image that our Customers see, every aisle location note that Instacart Shoppers use to pick items, and every integration that we do with our Retail partners, is managed through the Catalog. We are seeking a Product Manager to help shape future of our Catalog and empower our Product, Engineering, Business Development, and Operations teams in succeeding at what they do
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Create a vision and strategy to improve Catalog data, and introduce new product data, to empower our Customers, Instacart Shoppers, Retail partners, and internal teams.
- Work with our broader product team, design, engineering, data science, operations and retailer partnership teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps and individual projects in the relevant product areas
- Have opportunity to scale scope of the problem and lead a team as the business and the company continues to grow at a high pace
- Develop a roadmap to acquire new content, including new content for Private Label brands to compete with new data types introduced
- Conduct competitive analysis of landscape for content use today and partner with Data Science to evaluate relationships between Catalog data, consumers, and growth
- Launch V1 Taxonomy and improve content systems
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience making data-informed product decisions, ideally using A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience in taxonomy development and/or content production
- MBA or MLIS
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.