Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart's Risk Operations team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns of fraudulent or other risk related activity and taking appropriate action. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure, safe, and stable for all users.
This full-time contract role will oversee a blend of areas from reviewing transactions in real time to prevent fraud, assisting shoppers through the onboarding flow, and reviewing shopper submissions to provide services through the Instacart platform and much more.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Ensure secure, fair and safe access for all users
- Evaluate and resolve reports of system abuse
- Escalate resolution through direct support
- Proactively communicate emerging customer-facing or shopper-facing issues and concerns to internal and partner teams
- Resolve customer & shopper account issues through timely response
- De-escalate sensitive situations related to both customers / shoppers
- Complete live transaction reviews with detail-oriented approach
- Execute on repetitive operational tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-2 years experience in Risk, Compliance, or Support related fields OR strong academic record
- Strong communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Understanding of the gig economy
- Ability to make critical and sensitive issues quickly in fast paced environment
- High appreciation of confidentiality
- Willingness to work weekends or holidays
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.