Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our product management team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. New People Experience (NPX) focuses on helping people who have downloaded the Instacart app or landed on the homepage to get to a logged-in state and successfully reach that “Aha!” moment: creating a first order and having a perfect first delivery experience. This first experience is critical for helping people to understand the value of Instacart and become active, retained users over the long-term. This is a Manager role where you will need to be able to see the big picture across the new and resurrected customer journey, set a vision and strategy, and also hire and support PMs for your teams. This newly formed pillar is comprised of four teams: Logged-out Experiences, Identity, Activation, and Loyalty Programs.
- The Logged-out Experiences team ensures that all logged-out traffic becomes a logged-in user. This includes helping people to register, recover their account, and log back into their account.
- The Identity team creates the infrastructure and UI to enable a common login identity across Instacart's Marketplace & white-label suite of retailer apps and to support managing multiple accounts as a family.
- The Activation team builds features to make it easier for people who are already logged-in to successfully make their first order. This includes leveraging demographic information, past shopping history, and predictive modeling to remove friction from building your first cart and checking out seamlessly.
- The Loyalty Programs team helps create and collect your loyalty card information for retailers on the platform and leverage loyalty history, pricing, and rewards throughout the app to ensure that the initial purchase experiences for new & resurrected users are more likely to occur by leveraging this data and these programs.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Build capacity by hiring, supporting, and investing in the PMs on their team but is also willing to dive in when necessary and get your hands dirty to help as we build and scale the company
- Lead using principles and clear frameworks to help inform how we make decisions, and will be inclusive with cross-functional partners to drive the best overall outcome
- Highly accountable for their output and that of the team but also creates an environment where teams and PMs are encouraged to take calculated and informed strategic risks
- Live and breathe the value of driving impact but is also an advocate and voice for building the right experience for the user
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.