Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
New People Experience (NPX) focuses on helping people who have downloaded the Instacart app or landed on the homepage to get to a logged-in state and successfully reach that “Aha!” moment: creating a first order and having a perfect first delivery experience. This first experience is critical for helping people to understand the value of Instacart and become active, retained users over the long-term.
This is a Manager role where you will need to be able to see the big picture across the new and resurrected customer journey, set a vision and strategy, and also hire and support PMs for your teams. This newly formed pillar is comprised of four teams: Logged-out Experiences, Identity, Activation, and Loyalty Programs.
- The Logged-out Experiences team ensures that all logged-out traffic becomes a logged-in user. This includes helping people to register, recover their account, and log back into their account.
- The Identity team creates the infrastructure and UI to enable a common login identity across Instacart's Marketplace & white-label suite of retailer apps and to support managing multiple accounts as a family.
- The Activation team builds features to make it easier for people who are already logged-in to successfully make their first order. This includes leveraging demographic information, past shopping history, and predictive modeling to remove friction from building your first cart and checking out seamlessly
- The Loyalty Programs team helps create and collect your loyalty card information for retailers on the platform and leverage loyalty history, pricing, and rewards throughout the app to ensure that the initial purchase experiences for new & resurrected users are more likely to occur by leveraging this data and these programs.
Collectively these teams will be addressing a huge opportunity to improve a cornerstone part of the experience for new and resurrected users. The PM leader for this pillar is someone who:
- believes in building capacity by hiring, supporting, and investing in the PMs on their team but is also willing to dive in when necessary and get their hands dirty to help as we build and scale the company
- leads using principles and clear frameworks to help inform how we make decisions, and will be inclusive with cross-functional partners to drive the best overall outcome
- is highly accountable for their output and that of the team but also creates an environment where teams and PMs are encouraged to take calculated and informed strategic risks
- lives and breathes the value of driving impact but is also an advocate and voice for building the right experience for the user
What You Should Have
- A minimum of 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee