Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
Acquisition focuses on building awareness for Instacart through a variety of digital channels and creating compelling reasons for people to navigate to the website or download the app. Currently there is a large opportunity to partner with our growth marketing teams to improve how we drive acquisition and demonstrate incrementality through self-attributing ad networks like Facebook and Google. You will also need to define a strategy for SEO and viral referrals. Fundamental to solving this problem is understanding the holistic experience for targeting and converting people who have would greatly benefit from using Instacart but don't understand the value proposition.
This is a Manager role where you will not only be responsible for expanding Instacart's reach and top-line acquisition, but also hiring and support PMs for your teams. This newly formed pillar is comprised of four teams: Paid Placements, SEO, Virality, and Retailer Marketing.
- The Paid Placements team drives high ROI paid acquisition through closely linking campaigns to in-product experiences and conversion
- The SEO team improves site structure and information architecture and creates content pages to drive SEO traffic
- The Virality team will define a new strategy for referrals and optimize them so that they are in-context and highly converting
- The Retailer Marketing team creates product features and tools that enable individual grocers to market Instacart to their customers
Collectively these teams will be addressing a huge opportunity to develop the overall customer acquisition strategy and will be responsible for identifying, building and implementing capabilities that enable users to discover, engage and experience the richness of Instacart's offerings. The PM leader for this pillar is someone who:
- believes in building capacity by hiring, supporting, and investing in the PMs on their team but is also willing to dive in when necessary and get their hands dirty to help as we build and scale the company
- leads using principles and clear frameworks to help inform how we make decisions, and will be inclusive with cross-functional partners to drive the best overall outcome
- is highly accountable for their output and that of the team but also creates an environment where teams and PMs are encouraged to take calculated and informed strategic risks
- lives and breathes the value of driving impact but is also an advocate and voice for building the right experience for the user
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.