Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Do you enjoy Accounting? Do you like process improvement? Enjoy transforming data into something that impacts employees positively? This role will own full-cycle global payroll accounting as well as have a heavy focus on analytics and reporting. We are looking for a data-driven payroll expert with a keen attention to detail to help drive process improvement and maintain compliance.
- Prepare payroll liability journal entries (actuals and accruals for both US and Canada)
- Post payroll accruals & reverse prior month's accruals
- Reconciliation of all payroll-related liability accounts
- Reconciliation of benefits
- Post and reconcile payroll cash disbursements
- Document and conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records, identify risks and room for improvement with growth, scalability and compliance in mind
- Implement effective payroll data audit procedures for accounting, payroll processing, tax and year-end filing, system balancing between Workday and ADP
- Partner with HR and Legal to compile data for various benefits and compliance audits
- Serve as point person for all payroll-related financial audit requests
- Partner with Finance team to perform flux analysis as part of month-end close process
- Research and resolve complicated payroll issues at both the employee and company level
- Balance quarterly payroll data in Workday to payroll tax returns
- Balance W2s, own W2 prep and audit process
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the payroll team as needed. Payroll processing may sometimes be required
- Prepare/audit ad hoc compensation report requests to various internal partners
What you should already have:
- At least 3 years of payroll related or accounting experience, international payroll is a plus
- Direct experience with preparing payroll journal entries from raw data
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software (Workday preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skill-level
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to work in a high growth environment under tight deadlines
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, manage time and accept changing priorities
- Team player with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.