Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
The Retention Pillar focuses on helping people who have already placed their first order to make subsequent orders and build a habit of adopting Instacart as their preferred method of shopping for groceries. Currently there is a large opportunity to improve the rate which people make a 2nd and 3rd order, which is critical to retaining users over the long-term. Fundamental to solving this problem is understanding the holistic experience for marginal users who have only placed one order and the jobs to be done for customers as they shop for food and plan to feed themselves and their family.
This is a Manager role where you will need to set a vision and strategy for how we retain people, collaborate with cross-functional leaders in Fulfillment, BizDev, and CPG, and also hire and support PMs for your teams. This newly formed pillar is comprised of four teams: Notifications Growth, Recurring Orders, Express Membership, and Order Feedback. A brief description of each is as follows:
- The Notifications Growth team creates the organic and campaign strategy for notifications (push, email, SMS) to drive increased app usage and prevent churn. Notifications are valuable tool to help people remember when to reorder, become aware of time-sensitive notifications, keep track of their existing orders, and discover new products and services that are relevant to them.
- The Recurring Orders team creates new features and improves current functionality that makes it easier for consumers to re-order grocery products, whether 1-time or on a recurring basis. This includes improving our strategy and execution of the "Buy it Again" feature, creating a "Subscribe & Save" functionality for predictable purchases, create and optimize speciality buying campaigns (about highly relevant sale items, seasonal offers, free delivery during specific time windows, etc) by leveraging the notifications platform, in-app promotions, and storefront.
- The Express Membership team creates a strategy for Express as an ecosystem that increases product adoption by adding features that address new/more jobs to be done by customers (more savings, better delivery availability, exclusive offers, loyalty rewards, etc). This team also optimizes funnels to help new, stale, and churned Express subscribers deepen their engagement.
- The Order Feedback team owns the the UI and data analysis of customer feedback critical to retention / churn prevention. This team will work closely with Fulfillment teams to find collaborative solutions for improving retention.
Collectively these teams will be addressing a huge opportunity to improve a cornerstone part of the experience for new and resurrected users. The PM leader for this pillar is someone who:
- believes in building capacity by hiring, supporting, and investing in the PMs on their team but is also willing to dive in when necessary and get their hands dirty to help as we build and scale the company
- leads using principles and clear frameworks to help inform how we make decisions, and will be inclusive with cross-functional partners to drive the best overall outcome
- is highly accountable for their output and that of the team but also creates an environment where teams and PMs are encouraged to take calculated and informed strategic risks
- lives and breathes the value of driving impact but is also an advocate and voice for building the right experience for the user
What You Should Have
- A minimum of 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee