Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day...
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and related strategy projects. Be proficient in M&A and other strategic deals, including sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, execution and integration.
- Set and establish M&A priorities across product teams. Facilitate and drive sound M&A-related decision making, including building consensus and driving decisions at the most senior levels.
- Present at meetings with confidence and negotiate M&A deals with composure, objectivity, balancing diplomacy with the ability to drive to outcomes that are in Instacart’s best interests.
- Demonstrate courage to argue against bad deals.
- Develop strong relationships with the most senior Instacart executives and be seen as a trusted advisor through expertise and effectiveness on both corporate development and Instacart strategic matters. Develop and maintain strong relationships within the technology community, including VCs, entrepreneurs, bankers, etc.
- Determine vision, strategy and direction of broader Corporate Development team; contribute to processes, tools, best practices, and training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 - 6 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, or private equity in the technology industry.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and valuation skills (DCF analysis, comps, etc).
- Strong strategic thinker and passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a diverse set of people (eg. external CEOs, networking events, C-suite, Engineering/Product, Operations).
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Instacart’s customers & shoppers.
- A sense of humor -- we take our work seriously, but have fun doing so.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As a Manager of Corporate Development you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and HR) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate Instacart’s acquisitions, investments and other strategic deals. You are the primary point of contact for multiple product teams, providing them with the insight needed to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and harness them to lead our deals and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strategic thinking, strong quantitative skills and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
The Corporate Development team helps drive Instacart's growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets and works to make them happen. We drive decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.