Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our Recruiting Operations team is looking for a Project Manager to focus on building and scaling recruiting solutions for our Corporate and Field Operations teams. This role presents a unique opportunity to develop new programs, processes, trainings, and communications that play a direct role in high-volume hiring efforts that drive Instacart forward.
- Design, implement and improve processes and solutions within Recruiting, with a primary focus on our corporate and field operations recruiting needs.
- Assist in the selection, implementation, and administration of innovative systems, tools, and resources; customizing configurations, streamlining workflows, and enabling users to be more efficient and provide a share-worthy candidate experience.
- Establish project plans and planning templates to achieve the desired business outcomes, providing a centralized view across the recruiting team.
- Partner with our leaders in the field, and various corporate stakeholders to co-design, own, and iterate on strategies for recruiting of shift leads, site managers, and in-store shoppers.
- Use effective change management and communication tactics to train the field on any updates or changes to recruiting systems, documentation, process, etc.
- Assist recruiting and hiring team members with escalated issues on priorities, goals, resources and key initiatives related to corporate and field recruiting.
- Create toolkits that reduce the administrative work for our recruiters and increase their productivity.
- Develop, manage, and implement a training for new leaders on the ins and outs of recruiting for their regions and teams.
- Manage the end-to-end job opening process for field positions in Greenhouse, and build scalable workflows for high-volume job management.
- Be an expert in compliant recruiting, and train area managers and leaders on how-to recruit efficiently, effectively, and compliantly.
- Partner closely with HR and Legal to ensure our message and support is unified.
- Support offer creation for shift-leads, and create a scalable way for offers to be done in the future.
- Knowledge of successful recruiting practices in a high-volume, retail-like environment
- Project management experience (preferably agile/scrum), with focus on Recruiting, HR or Operations
- Proven ability to prioritize work, recognize dependencies and communicate cross-functionally to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Knowledge of selecting Recruiting tools, and administering process changes within them (ATS, CRM, HRIS, etc).
- Experience developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Experience working and communicating with a global distributed workforce.
- Proven history of designing, building, and launching solutions from scratch.
- Ability to operate effectively and drive results, even under tough circumstances, and amidst ambiguity.
- Ability to build confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws in different cities, states, and countries.
- Knowledge of design thinking strategies, instructional design, resource creation, and training for optimal adoption.
- Strong understanding of change management philosophies (ADKAR, SCARF, etc) and how to use them with a distributed workforce.
- Ability to keep a continuous eye for better ways to make the organization successful, even if that requires taking a risk, trying something new, or challenging the status quo.
- History of building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to co-design and meet shared objectives.