Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day...
- Manage a team responsible for maintaining relationships with select external Instacart Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) partners within a territory, fostering their growth and giving them continuous opportunities to shine
- Lead and architect strategies alongside Sales team to help brand partners grow their business on Instacart, actively engaging to meet brand partners’ goals
- Drive greater net revenue per delivery from Instacart’s advertising products within multiple categories on a national scale
- Collaborate with Instacart’s Product, Analytics, Catalog, Finance, Legal, and Strategy teams to ensure advertising products are at the cutting edge of the grocery e-commerce landscape
- Oversee launch process for new brand partners, leading complex issue resolution and management of client expectations
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Establish processes and reporting to help streamline the team’s operations
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- 8+ years previous experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Familiarity with tools of the trade (eg. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Google Drive)
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders, across all levels
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Leadership in managing a team and helping people grow
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
- Relevant CPG, category management, or grocery experience desirable but not necessary
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Some travel may be required
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As we continue our explosive growth, we are looking to add to our Brand Partnerships and Strategy team within the Business Development group. We are hiring a Strategic Partner Manager to manage some of the largest consumer goods companies. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, recommending and implementing tactics to achieve brand goals with our suite of marketing levers, identifying opportunities for Instacart revenue growth, driving key business insights, implementing new operational processes, and managing a team of Strategic Partner Associates and Brand Specialists.
This role can be based full time in our Chicago office.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.