Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. We're looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
As the Product owner for Last mile, you will be part of the broader fulfillment organization to help Instacart plan and execute last mile delivery more efficiently at scale.
Our goal is to exceed customer expectations by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered on-time as accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To achieve this, you'll create a vision and strategy to understand where every minute is spent and create a game plan across all layers of the fulfillment engine (predictive models, shopper app, integrating external data sources for traffic and weather, etc.) in order to optimize the time to deliver.
You will do so by working with our user research, design, engineering, data science and operations to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps across relevant product areas.
You will also have opportunity to scale scope of the problem and lead a team as the business and the company continues to grow at a high pace.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop)
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- Experience making data-informed product decisions, ideally using A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Industrial Engineering/Operations Research/MBA
- Experience in logistics/operations
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee