Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our product management team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. We're looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
As the Product owner for Last Mile, you will be part of the broader fulfillment organization to help Instacart plan and execute last mile delivery more efficiently at scale. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered on-time as accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Create a vision and strategy to understand where every minute is spent and create a game plan across all layers of the fulfillment engine (predictive models, shopper app, integrating external data sources for traffic and weather, etc.) in order to optimize the time to deliver
- Work with our user research, design, engineering, data science, and operations to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps across relevant product areas
- Have opportunity to scale scope of the problem and lead a team as the business and the company continues to grow at a high pace
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline (Master’s degree in Computer Science/Industrial Engineering/Operations Research/MBA preferred)
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop)
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- Experience making data-informed product decisions, ideally using A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience in logistics/operations
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.