Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our Unata product team is Instacart’s white-label solution for grocers who want their own branded digital experience with same-day delivery. The Unata platform is the most comprehensive solution on the market; it powers all aspects of digital grocery and enables retailers to truly bring their in-store brand to life online. The Unata platform is built on a proprietary personalization engine that uses machine learning algorithms and data processing techniques specifically designed for the grocery industry. The Unata product team is based in our Toronto, Canada office.
- Lead a cross functional engineering team with direct management responsibility
- Our development teams are generally 5 to 7 people supported by Product, Analytics, and QA to form Agile delivery teams responsible for specific product (functional) verticals within the Unata Platform
- Establish the right balance of coaching, mentorship, technical oversight and timely direct feedback for you team
- Work on development tickets and participate in code reviews
- Work with product and engineering leadership to create a combined technical and product roadmap for your team
- Run technical solution meetings, produce solution documents and ticket breakdown, delegate and track action items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years in a software leadership role
- A solid grasp of computer science concepts, such as data structures, algorithms, and programming paradigms
- Have Senior Engineer level skills in many of these areas
- Web and mobile development technologies and tools
- Building scalable, fault tolerant APIs or microservices
- Containers and container-orchestration systems running on Linux-based systems
- CI / CD with automated unit and integration testing
- Can clearly analyze and communicate major technical trade-offs and decisions
- A history of shipping successful projects
- Full Stack Experience preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Daily Meals and snacks
- Take what you need vacation
- Extended Healthcare
- Emergency Travel Coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health Service Navigation Tools
- Yearly professional development budget
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to building a diverse team representative of the city we live in and the people who use our products everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety of perspectives and that experience comes in many forms.