Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our Unata product team is Instacart’s white-label solution for grocers who want their own branded digital experience with same-day delivery. The Unata platform is the most comprehensive solution on the market; it powers all aspects of digital grocery and enables retailers to truly bring their in-store brand to life online. The Unata platform is built on a proprietary personalization engine that uses machine learning algorithms and data processing techniques specifically designed for the grocery industry. The Unata product team is based in our Toronto, Canada office.
- Responsible for building and developing an interdisciplinary team of visual and interaction designers through research, strategy development, conceptualization, product definition, and design of our amazing product! As the critical key contact for product design, you will own and manage all raised issues, from the moment of occurrence right up to the delivery of resolution to our Partners.
- As a Design Manager, you’ll primarily be responsible for mentoring a team of designers. These designers perform research, sketch and explore solutions, and solve problems for our merchants. They're responsible for collaborating with the content team, research team, product managers and engineers to ensure the quality of their design work is of the highest standard
- Must know how to create and maintain world-class user experiences that lead to the success of our customers
- Has a proven track record of designing apps that have a 4+ rating in Apple and Android app stores (show us examples!)
- Is eager to work with customers to define needed functionality, and is accepting of feedback to generate the best possible outcomes
- Has extensive knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, Axure RP or other tools for generating wireframes and specifications
- Is passionate and believes in culture and leadership
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Healthcare
- Emergency Travel Coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health Service Navigation Tools
- Daily Meals and snacks
- Yearly professional development budget
- Take what you need vacation
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to building a diverse team representative of the cities we live in and the people who use our products everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety of perspectives and that experience comes in many forms.