Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our Unata product team is Instacart’s white-label solution for grocers who want their own branded digital experience with same-day delivery. The Unata platform is the most comprehensive solution on the market; it powers all aspects of digital grocery and enables retailers to truly bring their in-store brand to life online. The Unata platform is built on a proprietary personalization engine that uses machine learning algorithms and data processing techniques specifically designed for the grocery industry. The Unata product team is based in our Toronto, Canada office.
- Our Digital Experience team is responsible for building all key touch-points of the Unata platform including the next generation of our mobile app platform. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. Alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists, you’ll be building mobile apps that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
- Previous experience leading a full-cycle mobile development team that develops world-class mobile apps
- Familiar with one or more state management frameworks for React Native (e.g. redux-thunk, redux-saga)
- Brings outstanding object-oriented design, development, and coding skills
- Easily designs and develops efficient, testable code and is familiar with automated testing, JS build and packaging systems such as Webpack or Jest
- Can quickly break down high level requirements into smaller, more manageable pieces
- Understands business requirements, and can take them into consideration when discussing development risks and opportunities
- Is enthusiastic and energetic, striving daily for new heights and making an impact.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; are open to feedback and able to provide constructive criticism fairly and are comfortable speaking to internal and external clients at any level.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Healthcare
- Emergency Travel Coverage
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health Service Navigation Tools
- Daily Meals and snacks
- Yearly professional development budget
- Take what you need vacation
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to building a diverse team representative of the cities we live in and the people who use our products everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety of perspectives and that experience comes in many forms.