Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day...
- Lead overall performance of our global outsourcing operations and support experience
- Build strong partnerships and engagement with existing and new BPO partners
- Lead strategy to enable us to deliver high quality, efficiency, and world class support
- Own weekly and monthly vendor performance and KPI reviews
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of Vendor Managers and Team Leads
- Drive ongoing continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and cost
- Lead data-driven root cause analysis for variances in operational performance
- Support vendor escalations, and lead corrective action plans
- Ensure the vendors are following all Instacart processes and procedures
- Partner with Training and Vendors to ensure Agent Training is world class
- Partner with internal Quality Team and Vendors to ensure quality standards.
- Owns and must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering or a related field
- 10+ years experience leading scaled support and outsourcing operations
- Experience driving measurable improvements in quality, efficiency, costs, and overall customer experience
- Deep knowledge of the global BPO industry and operations
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 50% travel to partner sites domestically and internationally
- Deep passion for customer support and operational excellence
- Ability to manage many projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problems
- Experience creating project plans and executing them to completion
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders. We are a customer-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
As the Director of Vendor Management, you will lead the overall management, performance, strategy, and planning for our outsourcing operations. This includes oversight of performance for multiple partners, sites, and 1000+ agents across the globe. This includes leading a small but highly leveraged team of vendor managers, driving high performance with our vendors, selecting and launching new vendors/locations, and developing our ongoing strategy to improve quality, efficiency, and the overall customer experience. The right candidate is deeply experienced in scaled support operations, BPO management, highly analytical, exception leader, and able to thrive in a high-speed environment.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.