Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Owning relationships with the Field Operations team and supporting a team focused on our non-exempt shopper population
- Partnering with People Operations, Legal and other compliance teams to execute initiatives to continuously improve Instacart’s employee relations (ER) framework
- Designing and conducting investigations and assessments, ensuring cases are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion and in line with Instacart values, policies and appropriate local laws
- Collecting and analyzing relevant data to identify trends, recognizing areas for improvement and providing proactive solutions within the Field Operations organization
- Advising and influencing all levels of management around employee relations decisions
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant regulations, partnering with Legal department as needed
- Communicating and promoting ER best practices throughout the Field Operations organization
- Managing a collaborative team focused on developing trainings for the Field that align with our company initiatives
- Building effective relationships with all internal stakeholders, providing top notch customer service to employees and managers
- Championing Instacart’s company culture, using company values to guide decision-making
- A background of at least three (5) years as an HR business partner
- Deep employee relations (ER) expertise, experience directly managing complex employee relations issues
- Strong analytical skills, experience with complex decision-making
- A successful track record of designing and implementing people programs
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on day-to-day matters
- Expert influencing skills, ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Self starter who can adapt to needs of our fast-paced, ever-changing organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in both fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As HRBP, Field Operations, you will directly handle, advise and coach on employee relations matters and investigations, as well as work with the broader People Operations team to develop and drive initiatives and overall process improvements. It will be your role to work with individual employees, managers and client groups to manage employee relations matters in a manner that drives the Instacart mission and culture. This will require you to communicate effectively, think creatively, challenge convention and in some cases to reinvent how work is done. It will require you to roll up your sleeves and dig in.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role?
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.