Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with teams across Instacart to improve data quality on our platforms
- Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- 4+ years’ work experience in a quant role at a product company
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence business decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
This role is based in Chicago, IL.
The Data Science team’s mission is to improve product decision making. The Senior Analyst will strive to understand the dynamics of the marketplace through descriptive analysis and provide the Product and Operations team with answers on “how did the business perform?” and “why did it perform that way?”.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.