Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our design team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
We're looking for a creative and thoughtful designer to join our Delivery team, which is responsible for providing reliable, flawless, and delightful delivery experiences for our customers by providing seamless tools for our shoppers. Your work will help ensure that every order delivery is perfect for our customers.
You'll help facilitate complex interactions and communications across our four-sided marketplace and make Instacart more efficient and simplify shopper workflows. As the designer on the delivery team, you'll help perfect the delivery experience by iterating on the in-app map experience and by defining the Instacart offline experience (i.e. when the shopper and customer meet at an important stage of the customer journey - the delivery of the order).
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions for our shoppers
- Operate as a design generalist - you'll own nebulous problems from beginning to end, translate research insights into ideas that form new features, and design the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life
- Helping define the team's product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborating with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical product experience for iOS and Android as well as responsive web
- Help mentor other designers
What You Should Already Have
- 3+ years designing exceptional experiences
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration, and optimization
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A thorough understanding of native iOS and Android platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move Instacart's products in new and bold directions
- A strong sense of ownership
- Service design experience is a plus
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Great office in downtown SF
- Take what you need vacation ( and we really mean it )
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
Learn More about Instacart
Please submit a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, and visual design along with your application.