Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Provide leadership and management of direct and non-direct reports
- Ensure ongoing collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure effective processes are in place and in line with corporate processes and goals
- Meet/exceed performance expectations and goals
- Consistently be attentive to real time service levels and taking action when needed
- Analyze statistical data and work with Workforce Management to determine areas of opportunity and administer corrective action plans
- Ensure oversight on Community Support Center specific projects that have a direct impact on the business KPI’s and goals
- Oversee team staffing levels and help support recruitment efforts
- Host regular meetings with staff to discuss performance results, opportunities, create action plans, and promote teamwork
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- College degree in a related field, preferred
- 3-5 years of previous leadership or supervisory experience required,
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel or equivalent Google products
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and fostering a positive work environment
- Must be shift flexible including one weekend day
- Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Tech savvy with the ability to navigate multiple systems
- Strong analytical & strategic planning skills
- Maintain a strong knowledge of products and services
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to motivate and supervise people toward high productivity
- Strong presentation skills; can speak across various forums and communicate to all levels of employees
- High degree of accuracy, confidentiality, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
You will be the voice of Instacart, fielding real-time calls and emails from our customers, shoppers, and retailer partners. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about customer experience and knows what it means to go above and beyond as an advocate for the Instacart community. You must be calm in the face of a chaos, caring and compassionate, and is able to have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Our team consists of customer support professionals, dedicated to supporting customers across phone, email, and chat.
The Senior Team Lead is responsible for managing and coaching our support center staff. This includes day-to-day activities related to the operation of the Center such as assessing performance, providing feedback and giving excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The Senior Team Lead leads and motivates through open communication to ensure the overall success of their staff and team. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong leadership and motivational skills along with the ability to coach and mentor employees.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.