Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
As the Vendor Manager you will be responsible driving high performance with our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) partners. Our team supports customers and shoppers who are seeking answers to questions, and we have a outsourced network of hundreds of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) helping answer those questions globally. It’s imperative that our support network is optimized to deliver a world-class support experience. The right candidate is able to make tough data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. They are passionate about Instacart, and love getting in the weeds to drive high performance and results.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Own daily and weekly vendor performance and KPI management
- Drive ongoing continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and cost
- Lead data-driven root cause analysis for variances in operational performance
- Support vendor escalations, and lead corrective action plans
- Foster an environment of collaboration, engagement, and high performance
- Ensure the vendors are following all Instacart processes and procedures
- Partner with Training and Vendors to ensure Agent Training is world class
- Partner with internal Quality Team and Vendors to ensure quality standards.
- Execute on strategic vision for the Vendors and their performance
- Create and drive a Rewards and Recognition program for vendors to improve morale and establish pride with agents
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering or a related field
- 5+ years experience in scaled support and/or outsourcing operations
- Experience presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 50% travel to partner sites domestically and internationally
- Deep passion for customer support and operational excellence
- Ability to manage many projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problems
- Experience creating project plans and executing them to completion
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.