Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We’re about 25 people working across brand, marketing, research, and product design, and are responsible for creating the experiences our customers, shoppers, and partners interact with every day. As the Product Design Director for our Growth & Consumer teams, you’ll help shape the future of Instacart by building out our new growth design team, continue growing our consumer design team, drive the creation of fantastic and innovative experiences across our marketplace, and help define what design is at Instacart. Design for us doesn’t stop at our apps and website. It continues into the physical world. Instacart is welcomed into shops and homes all over the country, and you’ll be responsible for crafting that experience. Join us!
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Lead Instacart’s design direction, strategy, designers, and vision for our Growth and Consumer Teams, which is responsible for customer acquisition, activation, retention, and engagement, as well as the customer search and discovery and storefront experiences
- Help create design systems for critical platforms that support Growth and the consumer experience overall, as well as lead and help improve our current design processes
- Work with your team to deliver high quality designs across iOS, Android, and Web to help solve important tasks to be done by customers and drive our business goals
- Collaborate closely with our engineering, product, marketing, analytics and other cross-functional teams to craft the strategy and execution for our user experience, visual design, and overall design strategy for our Growth and Consumer Teams
- Manage and mentor designers by providing feedback and helping them think critically about their work
- Recruit a talented team of designers while ensuring the team works and grows openly and collaboratively
- Set, maintain, and clearly communicate design priorities, deadlines and processes
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience designing software products
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of designers across a product design org
- Created design systems and processes to help your teams scale
- Built a design team at scale; you’ve excelled at hiring and managing your team
- A sixth sense for visual taste that will move Instacart in the right direction
- Understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, and constraints of popular technologies, tools, and mediums
- Ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Passion for building things - period
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.