Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions for our shoppers
- Operate as a design generalist - you'll own nebulous problems from beginning to end, translate research insights into ideas that form new features, and design the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life
- Helping define our product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborating with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical product experience for iOS and Android as well as responsive web
- Help mentor other designers
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, and visual design
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration, and optimization
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A thorough understanding of native iOS and Android platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move Instacart's products in new and bold directions
- A strong sense of ownership
- Service design experience is a plus
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
We're looking for a creative and thoughtful designer to work on our shopper onboarding experience. You'll envision and execute on an onboarding experience for our shoppers that's not only simple and easy to understand but will also help them get from sign-up to shopping their first order in the most efficient way possible. Instacart empowers thousands of people to achieve their dream of flexible livelihood. As a Lead Product Designer on this team, you’ll reimagine the onboarding experience, make an impact on Instacart’s business, and help set shoppers up for success. We're looking for someone who is empathetic, has a user-focused mindset, and cares deeply about creating the best possible experience for our shoppers.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.