Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager (“TPM”) to drive the future of our products, application and platform while leading cross-functional initiatives that span all of engineering. This is an exciting time to join us as our engineering team embarks on its next-generation work. We are offering the right individual an opportunity to own and build out a new group that will lead and inspire exciting technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas. This is an engineering leadership role for an individual passionate about helping teams perform better.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Oversee all aspects of technical projects within the engineering organization, and run well-defined engineering projects by serving as the crucial interface between business, engineering, product and design.
- Responsible for initiating end-to-end programs, locking down high-level requirements and long-term goals from business and technical stakeholders and translating those into detailed roadmaps and tasks actionable by engineers.
- Provide clear specifications and scope of intended software product development and ensure on-time delivery of final product, and take a hands-on approach to program management:
- Good understanding of overall system architecture
- Help drive new products and features via the development process
- Day-to-day coordination and scheduling for teams and quality assurance on tasks
- Follow progress of multiple projects, and serve as support provider when issues arise
- Be proactive in driving process, accountability and productivity improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Be a part of the engineering leadership at Instacart reporting to the CTO, promoting overall engineering excellence and best practices.
- 7+ years of experience with technical project management as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain) or related discipline.
- Successful track record and consistent project success, having created functional specs, release plans and roadmaps.
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Extensive experience with cross functional teams and managing relationships with business and technical stakeholders.
- Organized and decisive leadership skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills: proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- Clear sense of ownership and self-motivation.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Technical background in engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.