Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our applications run on Ruby on Rails. We use Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Cassandra as our datastores. Memcached and Redis for caching. Kinesis for stream processing. Sidekiq for job processing. Our infrastructure is primarily hosted on AWS.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, internal, external stakeholders and own a large part of the process from security problem understanding to building and shipping the solution
- Ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency
- Drive organization-wide impact
- Have a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment with a sense of ownership
- Strong knowledge of common back-end Web technologies (such as Ruby on Rails, Python, etc)
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent relevant work experience
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Security knowledge
- Experience building backend systems at scale
- Interest or experience in distributed systems
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.