Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Your team will build data pipelines, architect the structure of the data, and be responsible for its quality
- You will provide guidance for the goals of the team, and ensure they're moving the company forward
- You will maintain a high bar for recruiting, hiring and performance of the engineering team
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review
- You will be responsible for the health of your teams' systems and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team of data engineers
- Strong sense of ownership
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Expert level knowledge in programming (Python preferred), SQL, and data modeling
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud provider
- Experience with Redshift, Spark and Big Data / Hadoop technologies
- Strong understanding of how to build robust distributed systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Contributions to the technical community (e.g. open source, blogging, etc.)
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
We're looking for an experienced manager to join our Data Engineering team, where we are constructing the backbone of our data driven culture by collecting and organizing structured and unstructured data in a scalable way. Our product and business teams are passionate about using data to drive their decisions and learn, and your team is the provider of this data. You'll work directly with product managers, software engineers, analysts and data scientists to align your teams' work with our critical product and business needs. We're a small team of data engineers that moves fast. Come join us!
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.