Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of our Community Operations team, you will directly manage a team of 5-10 frontline support Team Members, serve as a mentor and coach, and oversee daily performance. You will interact with other Team Leads to continually drive process innovation and operational excellence across all processes in the Support team. At times, you may also work collaboratively with process improvement, QA, Training, Content, Product Operations, and other cross-functional teams.
- Manage, coach, and motivate a team of high-performing support Team Members
- Own overall performance and KPIs of your assigned workflows and Team Members
- Leverage data/analysis to proactively identify problems and risks
- Use reporting/analysis to drive continuous improvement to quality, productivity, and KPIs
- Act as a key point of contact to handle sensitive escalations
- Accountable for coaching of team members for quality and productivity
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years experience working in scaled support and/or complex operations environment
- Deep passion for customer support and operational excellence
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage many projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problems
- Experience creating project plans and executing them to completion
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- The coolest office in the heart of Atlanta
- Market competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership (free Instacart delivery!)