Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
As the Senior Product Manager for Shopper Staffing, you will lead a cross-functional team to help achieve Instacart's ambitious growth goals. In order to maximize growth, the Shopper Staffing team builds systems, metrics, and models that allow us to balance supply and demand efficiently in our marketplace.
In this role, you will help determine our strategy for engaging shoppers, managing customer demand, and making complex trade-offs between company priorities. You will have autonomy and ownership of key metrics that directly impact top-level company goals. Whether that means forecasting demand, managing customer delivery option availability, or building simulations that help us staff shoppers in the right times and places, the Shopper Staffing team thinks deeply about the growth and profitability trade-offs at the core of Instacart's business model. This team spans the entire tech and product stack, from developing machine learning models to building mobile user interfaces.
We are looking for a product leader with deep intuition and passion for developing great user experiences, the ability to collaborate & communicate with team members from every function and at every level, and an analytical first-principles approach to understanding and solving problems. This role also provides the opportunity to scale scope and lead teams as you and the company grow.
What You Should Have
- A minimum of 3 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience working on a team that builds products enabled by machine learning
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and goals
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee