Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. We're looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
Instacart shoppers spend on an average of 5 to 7 minutes waiting in queues at stores fulfilling customer's grocery orders. This is set to change as we work with retailers to design, develop and deploy "Scan and Go" solutions to bring down the cost of fulfillment. As the Product owner for Checkout, you will be part of the broader fulfillment organization and lead a cross-functional team to help Instacart shoppers checkout groceries more efficiently.
You'll create a vision and strategy to optimize all the $$ transactions between instacart and retailers for cost and time savings at the time of fulfillment. You will do so by working with our broader product team, design, engineering, data science, operations and retailer partnership teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps and individual projects in the relevant product areas.
You will also have opportunity to scale scope of the problem and lead a team as the business and the company continues to grow at a high pace.
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience making data-informed product decisions, ideally using A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop)
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering Supply Chain or MBA
- Experience in operations/supply chain/logistics
- Previous P&L ownership
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee