Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our product management team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. We're looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
Instacart shoppers spend on an average of 5 to 7 minutes waiting in queues at stores fulfilling customer's grocery orders. This is set to change as we work with retailers to design, develop and deploy "Scan and Go" solutions to bring down the cost of fulfillment. As the Product owner for Checkout, you will be part of the broader fulfillment organization and lead a cross-functional team to help Instacart shoppers checkout groceries more efficiently.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Create a vision and strategy to optimize all the $$ transactions between Instacart and retailers for cost and time savings at the time of fulfillment
- Work with our broader product team, design, engineering, data science, operations and retailer partnership teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps and individual projects in the relevant product areas
- Have opportunity to scale scope of the problem and lead a team as the business and the company continues to grow at a high pace
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline (Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering Supply Chain or MBA preferred)
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience making data-informed product decisions, ideally using A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop)
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience in operations/supply chain/logistics
- Previous P&L ownership
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status,