Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day...
- Create an exceptional, personalized service experience for users
- Provide positive, fast, and complete support resolutions to users via various access channels
- Provide support to both shoppers and customers
- Identify common trends within support interactions and escalate appropriately
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve customer inquiries
- Act with the customer in mind and advocate for the user community
- Communicate effectively and exercise sound judgement when interacting with customers
- Infuse all interactions with empathy and kindness
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proactively solve for the customer
- Ability to be shift flexible and work either morning and/or evening shifts to offer support coverage for our users
- 1+ years experience in customer service or call center a plus, but not mandatory
- Flexible schedule, willing to work non-traditional business hours and weekends. We operate in morning, afternoon and overnight shifts.
- Bachelor's degree or some college (preferred)
- Computer proficiency required
- High tolerance for stress, complexity, and change
- Dependable and punctual with time management skills
- Strong writing skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrates empathy and the ability to take initiative for the customer
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to creatively resolve difficult situations
- Ability to quickly learn web-based user support applications
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty
- High-level of comfort and familiarity with smartphone applications (iPhone and Android)
- Capable of typing at minimum, 50 WPM
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
You will be the voice of Instacart, fielding real-time calls and emails from our customers, shoppers, and retailer partners. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about customer experience and knows what it means to go above and beyond as an advocate for the Instacart community. You must be calm in the face of a chaos, caring and compassionate, and is able to have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Our team consists of customer support professionals, dedicated to supporting customers across phone, email, and chat.
- Repetitive motion - ability to type frequently and regularly use the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical demands - sedentary work; sitting most of the time up to 8 hours daily and 40 hours weekly
- Ability to wear a phone headset
- Ability to effectively read information on a computer in a fluorescent lit office
- Extensive reading of work related material, requires considerable visual attention
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.