Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
In addition to sharing the responsibilities of Shift Leads, the Site Lead drives Instacart's success by owning several higher level management processes. The Site Lead oversees the in-store shopper hiring process. The Site Lead oversees the performance management process for the shoppers who work in their assigned store(s). Finally, the Site Lead proactively supports other Shift Leads in their region by serving as an all-star on handling tough coaching situations, navigating tricky situations with partner store management, and challenging the status quo to constantly push process improvements at the regional level.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
Team Managing (60%)
- Oversee the in-store shopper hiring process, including onboarding setup, oversight, and applicant communication. Shift Lead should be able to hit weekly hiring targets.
- Identify plans for underperforming shoppers, which includes recommending terminations
- Facilitate shopper training, coaching, and shadowing to provide shoppers with actionable feedback for improvement [daily]
- Promote our company values and contribute to positive work environment among Instacart in-store staff, partner store staff, and in-store customers
Manage In-Store Operations (30%)
- Proactively develop improvements to in-store processes across multiple stores
- Support other Shift Leads by providing guidance on best practices
- Oversee and ensure that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate promptly with necessary details to the local Instacart Operations Team regarding issues that may arise in store and provide recommendations on how to address
- Oversee Instacart staging area(s) to ensure operational efficiency and professional appearance
- Maintain an environment where shoppers feel comfortable and can focus on their work - leverage local Operations Team resources to ensure important personnel issues are escalated properly
Partner/Customer Communications (5%)
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication
Problem Solving (5%)
- Act quickly and respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the customer experience
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Customer service and retail experience (3+ years)
- Comfort using data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and shoppers
- Assertiveness - comfort challenging status quo and initiating action to improve the business
- Masterful interpersonal and communication skills; organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- 'A do whatever it takes' mentality
- Geographic and Schedule flexibility - Shift Lead is able to visit multiple stores in a single day, can travel to other regions on an ad hoc basis
- Must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.