Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
In addition to sharing the responsibilities of Shift Leads, the Site Lead drives Instacart's success by owning several higher level management processes. The Site Lead oversees the in-store shopper hiring process. The Site Lead oversees the performance management process for the shoppers who work in their assigned store(s). Finally, the Site Lead proactively supports other Shift Leads in their region by serving as an all-star on handling tough coaching situations, navigating tricky situations with partner store management, and challenging the status quo to constantly push process improvements at the regional level.
We need motivated and experienced leaders to help us deliver a magical experience to our amazing customers. Join us!
Team Managing (60%)
- Oversee the in-store shopper hiring process, including onboarding setup, oversight, and applicant communication. Shift Lead should be able to hit weekly hiring targets.
- Identify plans for underperforming shoppers, which includes recommending terminations
- Facilitate shopper training, coaching, and shadowing to provide shoppers with actionable feedback for improvement [daily]
- Promote our company values and contribute to positive work environment among Instacart in-store staff, partner store staff, and in-store customers
Manage In-Store Operations (30%)
- Proactively develop improvements to in-store processes across multiple stores
- Support other Shift Leads by providing guidance on best practices
- Oversee and ensure that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate promptly with necessary details to the local Instacart Operations Team regarding issues that may arise in store and provide recommendations on how to address
- Oversee Instacart staging area(s) to ensure operational efficiency and professional appearance
- Maintain an environment where shoppers feel comfortable and can focus on their work - leverage local Operations Team resources to ensure important personnel issues are escalated properly
Partner/Customer Communications (5%)
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication
Problem Solving (5%)
- Act quickly and respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the customer experience
- Customer service and retail experience (3+ years)
- Comfort using data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and shoppers
- Assertiveness - comfort challenging status quo and initiating action to improve the business
- Masterful interpersonal and communication skills; organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Do whatever it takes mentality
- Geographic and Schedule flexibility - Shift Lead is able to visit multiple stores in a single day, can travel to other regions on an ad hoc basis
- Qualified applicants must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Medical benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued sick time off
- Commuter Benefits