Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
With great power comes great responsibility! At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data and provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the founding members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills, not just related to infrastructure security, but security, rather engineering overall.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Play a critical part in helping scale "self-service" infrastructure securely
- Design, deploy and manage critical security infrastructure such as services and tools for PKI, secrets management, logging, detection, etc.
- Deploy tools and frameworks for Security Incident Detection and Response
- Participate in Security Incident Response
- Enforce and maintain secure system and network configurations
- Keep systems patched from security vulnerabilities
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure security best practices
- Experience working with AWS
- Holistic understanding of how various pieces of infrastructure work together
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant industry experience
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Experience with both writing software and configuring industry standard security tools
- Experience securing fast-paced, constantly changing infrastructure
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.