Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Instacart’s Operations Strategy team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve our toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to drive national impact for a fast growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Operations, Product, and Analytics teams.
As an Operations Strategy team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, just to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, and retailers) Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of literally seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a cutting edge tech startup.
As an Operations Strategy Manager, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data; applying critical thinking to make recommendations; driving those recommendations through to action.
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Get your hands dirty leading operational excellence projects of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into operational reality
- Represent “the voice of operations” as a primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Operations, Engineering, and Business Development teams
- 3-6 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, and Private Equity, or similar roles; MBA a plus
- Proficient in advanced Excel, and/or other data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions; proficiency in SQL a plus
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Free lunch and dinner in the office; fully stocked kitchen and snack pantry
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership