At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As an Engineer
As a software engineer focused on natural language processing, you will be designing and building systems that transform text into automated decisions for some of the largest companies in the world. Our platform processes everything from structured text (e.g., forms) to open-domain text (emails) to domain-constrained text (legal documents). As such, you will have to creatively apply a variety of methods depending on the nature of the problem.
You'll work in our Machine Intelligence team, a close-knit group of scientists and engineers who incubate new capabilities from whiteboard sketches all the way to finished apps on the Instabase platform. We take a product-centric approach to research & development, working closely with our customers to identify opportunities and putting as much care into product design as raw capability.
What you'll do
One or more of the following focus areas are particularly valuable for a candidate to have:
- SpaCy: experience building and extending image processing pipelines with SpaCy
- Deep Learning: experience designing neural networks for common NLP tasks such as embedding and text labeling, etc
- Proven experience working on natural language processing
- Excellent familiarity with the "classic" tasks of NLP, such that you can easily extend and apply them as tools on which to build
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and math
- Good dataset creation and maintenance hygiene
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.