At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we would love for you to join us.
Our Infrastructure Team is responsible for designing and developing a distributed operating system platform that powers Instabase’s services and applications. This involves working across a wide array of services that comprise the core components of the operating system, including file-services, database storage, access-control, account management, authentication, encryption, search and more.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work on building and scaling a backend infrastructure that can run millions of tasks on thousands of machines with reliable SLA guarantees. You’ll work closely with other engineers in designing the infrastructure as well as interfaces for new applications.
Our infrastructure is written in Go, Python, Java, and C++ and operates using the micro-services model. We use Docker and Kubernetes for our deployments.
What you'll do
- Enable the front-end engineers to develop the Instabase UI around the platform
- Support the customer deployment and delivery team with customer infrastructure integrations
- Develop new features that can be leveraged by the other Instabase teams to develop apps and solutions
- Provide a public-facing SDK for customers to consume
- Direct interactions with customers to deliver and iterate on product features
- Fundamentals of Distributed Systems
- RPC Frameworks: Thrift, gRPC
- Cloud Services: Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Languages: Go, Python, Java, C++ (one or more is welcome)
- Web Toolkits, File Systems, Database Systems
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.