At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring our platform and product run securely in a multitude of environments. You'll work closely with the Engineering and Product teams, tackling challenges related to: Data security and privacy; Application, web and network security; and Instituting a secure software development lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Work closely with engineers and architects to design secure systems and identify security vulnerabilities
- Own and drive data security and privacy initiatives, ensuring data is stored securely in process memory, storage systems, caching systems, messaging systems and indexing systems
- Own and drive network security initiatives, ensuring data travels securely between various in-house, external and customer components
- Own and drive application and web security initiatives, ensuring Instabase meets industry standards such as OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25
- Secure SDLC, advocating and implementing security best practices across the organization
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years' experience as a Security Engineer or Architect
- Proficient coding in high level languages such as Go, Python, C++ or Java
- Extensive experience with distributed systems
- Experience designing secure and resilient architectural frameworks
- Strong network, web and application security fundamentals
- Strong breadth across relevant security engineering areas such as:
- Encryption and cryptography ciphers
- Authentication, authorization and access control mechanisms
- Threat modeling, penetration testing and vulnerability analysis
- Experience with containers, container security and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.