Instabase's vision hones in on intelligent automation. Just like the personal computer worked for individual persons, Instabase’s mission is to empower people to focus on the meaningful, productive parts of their jobs.
Innovators have a completely new set of building blocks which they can use to address existing processes, imagine new ones, and solve problems on a larger scale with Instabase. We provide tools and apps for processing documents, data extraction and classification, natural language processing, and optical character recognition; allowing creators, developers, and organizations to build complex business applications based on their needs. Our growing marketplace of pre-packaged business applications are being deployed in many industries, such as finance, logistics, healthcare, and many more.
We’ve secured funding from leading venture capital firms such as NEA, a16z, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, and more. We are looking to grow into the next era of computing.
Come join our adventure!
About the Role:
Instabase is looking for VP of Product Marketing to help define and communicate our vision and unique point of view to the market. You will help distill the essence of our technology advancements in a clear, concise, compelling and repeatable narrative. Instabase is providing intelligent automation to business processes that are completely manual and labor-intensive. We are automating aspects of the business that have never been automated before because the technology didn’t exist. We don’t fit into any existing technology paradigms or constructs. Your team will reside at the intersection of sales and product management and its mission will be to design, create and execute a completely new technology category. Our POV should make sense to people and open their minds to a world of possibilities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, strategic vision, talent for storytelling and robust experience in category creation and distilling the essence of product-market fit. This person must bring a deep bench of industry contacts, a proven track record of category creation, and strong experience positioning complex products in the marketplace. You must also have a solid background in partnering with both internal and external stakeholders to influence the roadmap, develop valuable stories and content, and demonstrating a clear vision of the “why” behind our platform and product offerings.
As the first member of our Marketing Team, you will report directly to the CRO and own product marketing globally. Some of your responsibilities will include creating innovative launch and marketing strategies, developing compelling market-facing content to educate both customers and prospects, and leveraging multiple outlets to establish and maintain our category and market position. A few ways you will accomplish this is through blogging, press relations, analyst relations, industry events, presentations, white papers, and customer use case studies.
It is a great role for someone tech-savvy, highly motivated, and naturally curious. This is a unique opportunity to be the architect of a category that has the potential to shape computing for decades.
What you will impact:
- End-to-end ownership of product marketing (both strategic vision and tactical execution) for our rapidly growing business solutions, including category creation, vision, and strategy of the Product Marketing team.
- Build the strategy and drive the execution of Instabase’s product positioning, messaging, and launches.
- Collaborate with product and sales engineering to develop compelling value props, positioning, and narratives that differentiate our offerings from the rest of the market and make it easy for the sales team to tell our story.
- Support revenue growth by building relationships with sales and customer success teams to create activity that creates measurable pipeline accelerates deal velocity, increases win rates and supports customer retention.
- Produce high fidelity external-facing sales tools and product content to articulate our product position and advantages including (but not limited to) thought leadership content, customer stories, videos, webinars, datasheets, solution guides, white papers, and more that align to key personas, industries, and stages of the customer journey.
- Establish and oversee key agency resources, analyst relations, and results. Define the issues and topics that create opportunities for engagement and story creation.
- Develop Instabase’s marketing strategy and execute global communication plans geared towards driving category leadership, brand awareness, and strengthening the company's market position.
- Partner with internal teams to develop newsworthy angles to garner media coverage and earned speaking engagements to drive awareness and demand for new Instabase products.
- Establish and oversee analyst relations. Leverage relationships with key media outlets and reporters to drive awareness for Instabase’s value proposition and industry thought leadership.
- 12+ years‘ experience in product marketing for B2B SaaS organizations, targeting an enterprise customer base.
- Strong experience selling and marketing to customers on a global scale across NA, EMEA, and APAC.
- Strong understanding of the marketing and/or product tech categories, with previous experience serving as a subject matter expert.
- Proven track record creating and implementing focused, integrated, high impact product marketing plans from conception through implementation.
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to craft compelling messaging and positioning — and translating that into effective campaigns.
- Category creation and company positioning experience is a must.
- Skilled and proven track record in message development and execution. Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects.
- Network of deep media and agency relationships and demonstrated success in leveraging them uniquely in the marketplace.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization—from the end-user (technical buyer) to the decision-maker (economic buyer)—with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong presentation skills at both a conference level and 1:1 with specific customers and prospects.
- Superb people leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of building and leading high performing teams.
What will help you be successful:
- You’re an incredibly sharp and driven professional with confidence that lacks ego.
- You’re a constant learner with a high level of EQ.
- You have a strong sense of integrity and are deeply relationship-oriented, understanding the value in building strong rapport across the organization.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills to build compelling business cases to win internal support for marketing initiatives.
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Capacity to quickly learn new technologies as well as plan and execute on deliverables with minimal supervision.
- You’re a strong communicator able to convey complex ideas with clarity, confidence, and authority.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.