SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST, INSPERIENCE
We believe immersive experiences in virtual reality will transform the way people shop. Insperience is here to create that future.
Located in Venice, CA, we are defining the next generation of retail by leveraging VR to connect brands, products and consumers in immersive, memorable experiences. And, we are doing it in partnership with the largest retailer in the world. Insperience is a portfolio company of Store N° 8, Walmart’s technology incubation platform.
In this role, you will own business intelligence strategy and execution while partnering with data engineering to help drive key business insights and trends.
Top reasons to work with us:
- You love using technology to impact consumers’ daily lives - we are constantly tinkering with new VR hardware/software, researching emerging trends in retail and combining them to create unique experiences for consumers
- We are a startup with the backing of the Fortune 1 - our day-to-day vibe is startup, but we’ve got the resources and commitment of Walmart, the world’s largest retailer that’s built its brand on saving money and helping consumers live better
- Building the next generation of retail excites you - we are developing immersive retail experiences for today’s consumer, while building the future of commerce - a future we call v-commerce™ - where we believe VR will play a central role
You will love this job if you are:
- A data junkie - you enjoy thinking through process and structure in terms of managing different data sources and strategically maintain and manage the data
- A problem solver - you enjoy working through challenging problems and thinking of creative solutions
- A clear communicator - you know how to break down difficult concepts and make them easy to understand for all audiences (up, down, and sideways)
What you’ll oversee (and often do):
- You will help build our business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse strategy, understanding all the key contingencies of working with various data sources
- Apply a broad range of analytical techniques to identify business critical trends and insights by exploiting big data, as well as own internal and external reporting for stakeholder meetings
- Partner with other departments including Product and Engineering to manage and resolve ad hoc BI requests, developing new tools to automate repetitive tasks
- Support the business with time-critical data analysis and improve business operations by using cutting edge operational research and modeling methods
- Maintain the integrity of company data and put checks in place to ensure accuracy
- Create real-time dashboards to allow teams to easily explore data pertinent to their ongoing operations
- Serve as a subject matter expert for data analysis methods and tools, as well as data visualization best practices
- A quantitatively focused education (bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.) with 4+ years professional experience in Business Intelligence, Business / Data Analyst roles
- You’re a SQL expert and have a deep hands-on expertise with relational databases and data warehouse methodologies
- You can design clean and intuitive dashboards in Tableau or similar tools and have outstanding Excel skills
- You are comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment with teams spread across the globe
- You have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- You can prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience with tools such as Azure Stack (Power BI, Playfab), Tableau, and/or Looker
Pay, perks & such
At Insperience, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health (medical, vision, dental) coverage, a 401K plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, flex PTO. Of course, we also have startup perks like snacks, engaging events and an office full of energy and people committed to our mission. We love to communicate, which is why we also have weekly team lunches and regularly-scheduled all-hands meetings. We empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big, long-term problems.
Come join us!