3D ARTIST, INSPERIENCE
We believe immersive experiences in virtual reality will transform the way people shop. Insperience is here to create that future.
Located in Venice, CA, we are defining the next generation of retail by leveraging VR to connect brands, products and consumers in immersive, memorable experiences. And, we are doing it in partnership with the largest retailer in the world. Insperience is a portfolio company of Store N° 8, Walmart’s technology incubation platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing the latest tools and techniques to build high quality 3D content in support of Insperience's portfolio of products. Focus will be on objects, props, environments, and UI elements for integration into Unity experiences.
Top reasons to work with us:
- You love using technology to impact consumers’ daily lives - we are constantly tinkering with new VR hardware/software, researching emerging trends in retail and combining them to create unique experiences for consumers.
- We are a startup with the backing of the Fortune #1 - our day-to-day vibe is startup, but we’ve got the resources and commitment of Walmart, the world’s largest retailer that’s built its brand on saving money and helping consumers live better.
- Building the next generation of retail excites you - we are developing immersive retail experiences for today’s consumer, while building the future of commerce - a future we call v-commerce™ - where we believe VR will play a central role.
You will love this job if you are:
- T-shaped - you’re an expert 3D modeler, but you have broader art skills that can contribute to VR projects such as shading, lighting, animation, environments, or even jumping into Unity.
- Obsessed with details - you take ownership and care deeply about the craft of 3D modeling by pushing yourself to get better every day.
- Feedback oriented - you provide, seek, and implement feedback from a variety of stakeholders to make the best product possible.
- Collaborative - you’re able to build cross-functional relationships and thrive in an interdisciplinary, dynamic, team.
- Adaptable - you understand the nuances of different visual styles and can adjust.
What you’ll oversee (and often do):
- Create and texture 3D assets for virtual reality experiences.
- Deliver high quality artwork efficiently and on spec.
- Work closely across team disciplines to assist in brainstorming, concepting, prototyping, and eventual construction of assets.
- Rapidly integrate feedback, adjusting to the evolving needs projects.
- Assist with review of internal and external assets in development, providing focused feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive art, game design, computer science, or a related field.
- Expert in Maya and ZBrush modeling, and Substance Painter.
- Proven ability to model and texture hard surface and/or organic objects within a range of styles.
- Experience creating 3D models and environments, as well as associated textures and materials.
- Experience in production environment and optimizing for real-time engines, especially for VR.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal.
- Passion for immersive media, real time engines, and bringing groundbreaking experiences to market.
- Must have previously contributed to multiple shipped 3D interactive experiences.
- Experience with Unity engine.
- Experience building assets optimized and tuned for use in VR.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum project methodologies.
- Python, C#, or other scripting languages a plus.
Pay, perks & such
At Insperience, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health (medical, vision, dental) coverage, a 401K plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, flex PTO. Of course, we also have startup perks like snacks, engaging events and an office full of energy and people committed to our mission. We love to communicate, which is why we also have weekly team lunches and regularly-scheduled all-hands meetings. We empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big, long-term problems.
Come join us!