Insomniac Games is searching for its next Audio team member!
The Senior Audio Designer is a key contributor for the creative direction and style of audio assets and workflow processes throughout a production cycle. This individual will create, edit, and implement game-ready audio. They also work closely with the rest of the audio team to maintain a high level of quality and consistency of assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- High proficiency in creating complex unique sound effects, by using advanced audio methods and techniques to push the creative boundaries.
- Employs advanced innovative strategies and best practices for sound implementation in the game that yield the highest quality results.
- Utilizes highly advanced technical experience to ensure sound effects meet technical requirements of game including voice channel limits, memory management, etc.
- Investigates sound effect issues to debug, fix and ensure sounds play correctly in the game.
- Highly proficient and works independently at pre-mixing all sound effects when being implemented into game and oversees final sound design mix of the game.
- Proactively and clearly communicates ideas and technical details with other teams/departments in the development process.
- Independently communicates progress toward goals on a regular basis with audio director, audio lead and project manager.
- Ability to perform high-level scripting tasks using visual scripting platforms.
- Provides high level of knowledge and understanding of schedule creation and forecasting duration of tasks.
- Regularly reviews the work of other sound designers and ensures that the work fits within the context and limitations of projects.
- Key contributor to defining sound design specifications and developing tone of audio for style guide documentation of projects.
- Serves as a mentor to the audio team.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience: Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or computer game product development experience.
- Highly proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Advanced experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Advanced proficiency with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
- Experience with Wwise and Audio Plug Ins.
- Comfortable and adept with both PC and Mac-based operating systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Emphasis in sound effect and dialogue mixing and post production work.
- Emphasis on microphone placement, operation and recording.
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats.
- Basic understanding of audio physics principles.
- Film or television production/location recording experience preferred.
- Understanding of music/ playing an instrument is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time based effects as well as audio synthesis.
Physical Demands: The employee is frequently required to sit and talk. Employee is required to hear regularly. The employee may be required to wear headphones for extended listening throughout the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will be exposed to varying levels of sound based on work and project.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your resume, reel, and/or work samples below. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!