As the Manager, Animation you will be responsible for ensuring project quality and the well-being of team members by managing a group of Animators and Leads across multiple projects. The role provides a critical component of the studio’s mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives by helping foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises direct reports on the Animation team and participates in strategy and decision-making as a member of the department’s leadership group.
- Meets regularly with team members to mentor and offer experienced guidance, provide constructive feedback, conduct performance reviews, and facilitate the team’s best work.
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports.
- Evaluates team members’ goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met.
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with pod leads and project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars.
- Advocates for studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence and collaboration.
- Assists the Department Head with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Works with Department Head and other Managers to determine best practices and guide leads in their implementation for all Animators across all projects.
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately
- Develops training opportunities to support the development of team members at the group or individual level.
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities.
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews scripts to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly manages a team of Animators and Leads on various projects. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Seven to ten years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Shipped a AAA game or a major motion picture in a manager role preferred.
- Experience in a lead, supervisor or manager role preferred.
- Proficient with Maya and/or other animation software. Premiere and Syncsketch a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of animation, timing, and performance. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Must be willing to put the needs of the team first, especially when team members require guidance and mentoring.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- please use the link below to apply.