Insomniac Games is looking for a Creative Director who is ready to take our game and its creators on an exciting adventure. This role is responsible for the creative decisions that define the vision and quality of all aspects of development for a single game.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the full team to set the game’s direction and achieve buy-in for key decisions.
- Sets game direction quickly and decisively.
- Understands the entire production pipeline and each development discipline.
- Develops or collaborates on the genre, hooks, story, look, and feel of the game.
- Maintains the relationship between the developer and publisher, often working as a conduit for communication.
- Reviews art-related game assets and cinematics before assets enter production. This includes, but isn’t limited to: animatics, character designs, environment concepts, and animation tests.
- Ensures continuity and consistency between different aspects of the game.
- Reviews style guides for environments, characters, special effects, and cinematics.
- Approves the game story and script.
- Crafts the macro game vision.
- Reviews prototypes and level designs with the lead designer prior to production.
- Reviews gameplay during level implementation.
- Collaborates with writers and animation leads to determine the scenes and scope of game cinematics.
- Plays the game at all stages of production to write up detailed bugs and make suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews and approves edited cinematic audio, music, audio effects.
- Attends recording sessions to provide context and voice direction.
- Attends focus tests, reports results, and determines the course of action.
- Works closely with project management Approves and monitors direction for brand extensions like movies, books, graphic novels, web, DLC, and mobile games; ensures consistency across the brand’s mythology and universe.
- Provides frequent creative updates to the team.
- Works closely with production managers and leads to create a process that facilitates a high-quality product on time.
- Represents the game at industry trade show events, preview tours, and other PR opportunities (travel may be required).
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ten plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of each discipline in game development to communicate a unified vision across all production departments.
- A proven track record of working in a creative, decision-making role for a minimum of five years with experience on AAA titles. Multiplayer experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technically adept enough to learn proprietary computer-based game assembly tools.
- Some experience in using Maya, Illustrator or Photoshop.
Other Skills: Exceptional communication and collaborative skills to provide vision while accepting input from department subject matter experts. The ability to clearly define the game in all aspects related to issues of narrative, artistic and design consistency. Strong analytical skills as well as a basic understanding of technical requirements as related to game production.
If this role sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below to apply- Thanks!