Insomniac Games is searching for Director, UI/UX Management. In the role the incumbent will be responsible for facilitating the creation of industry leading user experiences for developer and player facing products by leading a cross functional UI/UX department. If this sounds like an opportunity that aligns with your interest, please read on for more details regarding the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees the establishment of standards of excellence for UI/UX in developer and player facing products. Ensures that department’s work consistently meets or exceeds these standards.
• Collaborates with other department heads to create and implement strategies and policies that further company and product goals.
• In collaboration with product leaders (director(s), lead(s) and/or manager(s)), ensure projects are staffed to consistently deliver outstanding results.
• Offers guidance and support to direct reports. Enables direct reports to make their best possible contributions.
• Regularly provides updates on company and product status to members in the department.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with external partners, including negotiating rates, facilitating agreements, and ensuring alignment with company security policies and procedures.
• Identifies areas of needed development and coordinates training and education for the department to ensure cutting-edge knowledge and best practices in UI/UX.
• Creates annual department goals that support studio goals and implements strategies to achieve them.
• Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Department Head supervises and manages the UI/UX team.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Leading with integrity, humility, and empathy.
• Effective time management and the ability to delegate and monitor tasks in order to focus on strategy.
• Detailed knowledge of game production methods.
• The ability to translate feedback into action.
• Communication with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to work within constraints to deliver excellence.
Education and/or Experience:
• Ten-plus years related experience, and/or combination of education and experience.
• Must have experience leading cross-functional (art, engineering and design) UI/UX teams.
• Proficiency with industry-standard UI/UX creation tools, including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
• Expertise in UX design and testing.
• Experience creating and overseeing the execution of product schedules.
• Proficiency in progress-tracking and feedback systems.
Insomniac Games is searching for a passionate people leader, with broad knowledge of the UI/UX space. If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please apply directly to the role by submitting your application below. We look forward to hearing from you.