Insomniac Games is looking for a Manager, Facilities to join our team and manage studio office operations in Burbank, CA and Durham, NC by directing and coordinating office services, studio events and related activities. Including, but not limited to, developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of site services, ensuring suite maintenance, services, projects, moves, and ensuring site events are appropriately planned and executed by overseeing the daily operations of the Office Services team. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Manages office services, vendor relationships, support of site events, construction projects, preventive maintenance projects, office moves, furniture re-configurations, installations and misc. projects as needed from initiation to completion, as well as drive processes for new vendor engagements; Manage contractor and vendor onsite activities.
- Supports and effectively manages the site budgets. Review monthly financials with studio finance team. Provides budget forecasts and makes recommendations based on spending trends.
- Actively directs and schedules site vendors which may include janitorial, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc. and provide hands-on assistance, as necessary.
- Serves as Project Manager for maintenance projects: obtain bids, order materials, coordinates & expedites jobs and materials, maintain schedule and budget costs. (Includes cost estimating for projects and facilities requests.) and assigns work to internal teams appropriately.
- Creates scopes of work for projects (As necessary, may direct the efforts of vendors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings and equipment in the trades of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and air conditioning.)
- Manages the relocation process in studio for employees and equipment with IT and Project Management, including planning of space for relocation and project/departmental needs.
- Handles space planning and seating layouts for studios and maintains standard methodologies for space management (CenterStone); Strives to maintain best in class space and occupancy data.
- Interacts with the Safety & Security team to ensure security and emergency preparedness programs are properly implemented; Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, Environment and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely updates to employees related to maintenance, move, and emergency/security protocols as needed.
- Drives opportunities for improvement in the office environment especially in the area of environmental sustainability (green initiatives).
- Supports the implementation of innovative programs and processes that reduce short and long-term operating costs and increase productivity.
- Supports CenterStone Fac CAFM Software; layout updates, seating charts and department allocation.
- Any other activities to support site operations, including, but not limited to- moves/re-configurations, events, safety, reception and mail services.
- Actively networking and advocating the team both internally and externally.
- Proactively planning the “future team” and what skills, tools, training and recruiting will be needed to succeed.
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of new hires to team.
- Responsible for sponsoring charitable drives and activities for the studio and coordinating with SIE’s Corporate Responsibility Group to mirror events.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be added.
Supervisory Duties: Supervises employees across studio locations in Facilities and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- H.S. Diploma, GED or equivalent; trade specific training in general maintenance, construction or office operations and facilities management.
- Minimum of three to five years prior experience in supervising/overseeing large scale construction projects or renovations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- High knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Power Point.
- Skill in management of space, equipment and material resources including developing utilization plans and justifying acquisitions.
- Ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Effective time management and comfort with changing priorities, responsibilities and change management.
- Deadline-oriented approach, with the ability to get results even in difficult situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to sit; regularly walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Individual must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation, and be able to travel 15-25 days annually
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- please use the link below to apply.