Insomniac Games is looking for a Manager, Culture and Belonging to join our team to build and execute a vision, strategy and project plan to help ensure an inclusive work environment. This talented person will lead the development of studio-wide initiatives that align and integrate new and existing programs, policies, learning and communication approaches that provide an environment where all employees can thrive, engage, and be empowered to bring positive and lasting change to our studio, company, and the development community as whole. If this is you and you are looking for an opportunity to drive impact, please read on.
- Creates and drives strategies and programs that improve employee engagement, productivity, and organizational effectiveness.
- Acts as a change agent, culture cultivator, thought leader and partner to drive strategic initiatives related to Diversity/Equity and Inclusion (DE &I) throughout the studio.
- Provides insight and recommendations to the leadership team to ensure best practices across the studio.
- Identifies, creates, and implements methods which increase engagement and active participation of all employees in DE&I initiatives.
- Collaborates with Talent team to help support the hiring, retention, and promotion of a diverse talent pipeline. This includes identifying, building, and sustaining community partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Manages DE&I events including events related Town Halls
- Oversees internal learning and development programs to ensure that we are educating and informing employees on best practices.
- Oversees internal communications to establish consistent, well informed, and inclusive messaging of all policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Partners with employees and leadership to quantify internal pain points and challenges prioritizing areas that deliver the greatest impact.
- Develops and/or encourages the creation of internal employee networks (E-nets) or participation in larger employee networks within SIE.
- Partners with SIE’s global DE&I team and represents studio while staying informed about corporate campaigns, programs and policies that impact employees.
- Designs and administers employee sentiment surveys to establish key metrics that assess, measure and track results.
- Allies with production to understand the development process with an eye toward uncovering and communicating opportunities to improve efficiencies, excellence and well-being as related to employee experience.
- Identifies and leads philanthropic programs promoting game development opportunities for underrepresented groups.
- Actively networking and advocating the team both internally and externally.
- Proactively planning the “future team” and what skills, tools, training and recruiting will be needed to succeed.
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of new hires to team
- Coordinates with SIE’s CSR team on applicable events.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Duties: Supervises employees in Learning and Development (L&D) and Internal Communications and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- H.S. Diploma, GED or equivalent; with a minimum of three years’ experience leading DE&I initiatives and programs in a business setting
- Three to Five years’ team management experience; ideally managing cross-functional teams, with a total of six to ten years’ experience
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities including, market research, trend analysis benchmarking and opportunity identification and ability to translate same into strategy.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization; promote ideas persuasively and effectively, win buy-in for initiatives and work through conflicts, to ensure alignment and high impact execution.
- Insightful global and cultural awareness along with the ability to lead through empathy, active coaching and influence.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in dynamic environments.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously.
Travel: This role is required to travel 20% of the year and requires reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is often required to sit; regularly walk and occasionally stand. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- please use the link below to apply.